F-1 students must have a valid I-20 in order to continue studying at CSU and be eligible for employment and other immigration benefits our international students utilize. This includes making sure that your program end date listed on your I-20 has not passed, following the correct procedure to update your program if you choose to change education levels, submit an Out of Country request while you participate in research or study abroad opportunities, have a travel signature for international travel, and submitting a departure form once you are ready to leave CSU or the United States.