Host an International Scholar

How to Bring a Visiting Scholar or Researcher to CSU

This information is written primarily for CSU academic departments to provide the campus community with an overview of immigration procedures. International Student & Scholar Services provides immigration and visa services for approximately 300 international scholars each year. Inviting faculty and staff often have questions about how to invite these scholars, what visa is preferable, timing issues, etc.

The following chart compares different visa types that are used by international scholars at CSU. Further guidance may be obtained by calling ISSS at 970-491-5917.

Submitting Requests

To initiate requests for ISSS assistance with the following visa types, please refer to these links to our website:

For assistance with TN, B-1, or other visa types please contact ISSS via phone or email. Permanent resident applications are not handled by Colorado State University directly. Typically, international scholars contract privately with qualified immigration attorneys to obtain legal permanent residence.

Assistance with tax questions may be addressed to the Foreign Tax Office within Business and Financial Services, 555 S. Howes Street.