Out of Country

Students and Scholars who wish to attend classes or perform research outside of the US during their program can do so once they have acquired authorization from their academic advisor or sponsoring faculty, and an International Advisor. This allows for the immigration record to remain active while the individual is outside of the US. Submitting the Out of Country Request form to ISSS will result in an updated immigration document and record reflecting the authorization of out of country status.

For more information about this process, please review the information in the appropriate button below. If you still have questions, please come to Open Advising to speak with an International Advisor about your plans.