When Do I Complete This Form?

F-1 and J-1 students who plan to conduct research or participate in a Study Abroad program while attending CSU are required to complete this form prior to departing the US. This forms allows our office to keep your immigration record active while you are outside of the country.

Student Instructions for Completing This Form

  1. Fill out Page 1, including whether you wish to maintain CSU Health Insurance while out of the country.
  2. Give Page 2 to your Academic Advisor or Education Abroad Advisor to sign and return to you.
  3. Submit the completed form to the front desk of Laurel Hall or email it to isss@colostate.edu.
    • If you are an F-1 student, a new I-20 will be issued to you with remarks stating your approval to be out of the country.

Please note: Depending on the time of academic year, it may take up to 7-10 business days for our office to process your request once our office receives your request.

Academic Advisor Instructions for Completing This Form

  1. If you support the student conducting authorized graduate/doctoral research outside of the U.S. and they will be registered for either Continuous Registration or at least 1 credit hour, fill out your information under the applicable heading, “Graduate/Doctoral Research Abroad.”
  2. Return the form to the student to submit to ISSS.

Additional Information

  • If you will not be maintaining a U.S. address in your absence, please update your RAMweb account with the Office of International Programs address: 1024 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1024.
  • If you will not be enrolled in a full course of study during your time out of the U.S., please submit a Reduced Credit Load eForm with your Out-of-Country Request Form.