This form is used when students are intending to transfer to CSU from another school in the US. The form has the information necessary for the current school’s International Student Advising team to setup the student’s SEVIS record transfer request including CSU’s school code.
Instructions for Completing This Form
- Fill out the top portion of the form
- Please enter information for each field as completely as possible
- Connect with your current International Office to see what information and documents they need from you in order to transfer your SEVIS record
- This will include a copy of your admission letter from CSU
- Have your current International Office complete the bottom portion of the form
- Submit the completed form to our ISSS team by email
ISSS will issue the new I-20 or DS-2019 after your “release date” as long as you are eligible for the SEVIS transfer and email you once your new document is ready.
Please Note: You will need to complete the online Immigration Document Review and attend New International Student Orientation before classes begin to complete the transfer process.
Depending on the time of academic year, it may take up to 7-10 business days for our office to process your request once our office receives your request.
- You cannot transfer your SEVIS record after the end of your grace period.
- F-1 Students = 60 Day Grace Period
- J-1 Students = 30 Day Grace Period
- The transfer must be completed no later than 15 days after the date classes begin at CSU.
- Classes at CSU must begin within 5 months of your last date of attendance at your previous school.