What To Do About Your Bike

Help us keep our campus clean and safe by storing or donating your bike before you leave. Please do not abandon your bike on campus.

If you’ll be away for the break, consider storing your bike through The Spoke.

If you’re leaving Fort Collins permanently, consider:

  • Donating your bike to a family in Fort Collins.
    • To arrange for a volunteer to meet you to pick-up your bike contact Tracey by email or via text message at 970-222-6958.
  • Selling your bike to Recycled Cycles

Temporary Leave from CSU

Temporary leave from CSU includes those who will be participating in research or a study abroad program outside or undergraduates who need to request Planned Leave for a semester off.

Research or Study Abroad

Please complete the Out of Country form with your academic or education abroad advisor and submit it to our office for processing. It is also encouraged that you meet with an International Advisor during our Open Advising hours if you have any questions about the Out of Country process and what it means for your immigration record.

Planned Leave

This request is handled through the Registrar’s Office and is available only to our undergraduate students. Students planning on using Planned Leave must come to Open Advising to meet with an International Advisor to discuss your immigration status and how to return to CSU when ready.

Departing CSU

As you prepare for the next stage of your life, we want to make sure you know what options are available to you and how to manage your immigration record.


Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! This is an exciting time in student life and one you have worked hard to experience. Often, students decide to apply for Post-Completion OPT, continue at CSU for a second or higher level degree, return home to begin work, or transfer their record to a new school to continue study there. Whatever you choose to do, we are excited for you and want to help you continue to maintain your immigration record.

Please let us know what your plans are for after Commencement by either submitting the Departure eForm if you plan to return home or by coming to Open Advising to speak with an immigration advisor.

Departure Form

Please complete the Departure eForm to notify our office of your departure plans. This form helps us to accurately update your immigration record to reflect your current status as an international student or scholar.

Transfer Out of CSU

If you need to transfer your SEVIS record to a different university, please submit your transfer out request via the Departure eForm.

Departure Survey

Please help us improve the experience of future students by participating in our Departure Survey! We have a survey specifically designed for students and another designed for scholars. Links to the appropriate Departure Survey for you are provided in the Resources blocks at the bottom of this page.

Your responses are anonymous, optional, and very much appreciated.

Become an International Alumni

Stay connected to the CSU family and become part of our World Rams alumni network by signing to up be a CSU alumni!


We hope you enjoyed your time here at CSU and wish you the best in your future endeavors.