- Students who are utilizing their Post-Completion or STEM OPT Extension are required to submit an OPT Reporting eForm directly to our office through their WorldRams account.
- All three pages of the reporting eForm must be completed and submitted in order for the report to be considered complete.
- You will receive an approval email as soon as your report has been processed by our office.
- You can upload any documents that you have received from USCIS such as your receipt notice, approval notice, or EAD card directly to your OPT Reporting eForm in the “Submit Report” page.
- We have provided you with a list of documents we already have on file for you in the “Submit Form” page.
- If one of the upload options is already on the list, this means you do not need to submit it again.
Please note: Depending on the time of academic year, it may take up to 7-10 business days for our office to process your request once our office receives your report.
Accessing the eForm
If your CSU eID is still active, you can log into your WorldRams account by clicking the link below:
However, if it has been more than 12 months since you graduated from CSU it is likely that your eID has expired and we will need you to sign into your WorldRams account through the Limited Access Portal in the link below:
- Step 1: Get your PIN
- E-mail me my Limited Access PIN
- You will receive an email with your PIN – when you click the link below to access the form it will ask you for your University Identification Number. This is your CSU Student ID number that begins with an 8.
- Step 2: Log into the WorldRams Limited Access Portal
If you save or remember this PIN, you will only need to do this process once to access your WorldRams Portal and can use the same PIN to login to your account in the future.
Students on their Post-Completion and STEM OPT Extension are required to submit an OPT Reporting eForm every 3 months based on the start date listed on their EAD card. Additionally, if there are any changes to the student’s situation such as new employer, supervisor, work address, personal address, etc. students are required to submit an additional report within 10 days of that change. This additional report does not replace the required three month report.
STEM OPT students are required to submit a 12 month and 24 month evaluation in addition to the OPT Report due at the 12 and 24 months marks of their OPT authorization. (This evaluation is found on the top or bottom portions of page five of the I-983.)
As a courtesy, students will receive an automatic reminder email two weeks before their three month report is due to help them remember when to submit their next report. This email is sent weekly until the required report is submitted. The OPT Reporting eForm will turn off the reminder until the next reporting period.
Switching Employers While on STEM OPT
Students who switch employers while on their STEM OPT extension are required to submit the following as part of their OPT Reporting responsibilities:
- Updated OPT Reporting eForm (all 3 pages)
- A STEM OPT evaluation from the previous employer
- A new I-983 (pages 1-4) for the new employer
SEVP Portal and OPT Reporting
The SEVP Portal is a great resource for reviewing your immigration record to make sure that it is accurate and updated in a timely manner, however it does not replace your requirement to submit your OPT Report to our office directly.
To help us maintain your record accurately and cleanly, please submit any employment and information changes only to our office via the OPT Reporting eForm and only use the SEVP Portal to review your information to make sure it is correct. Please do not submit any changes to the SEVP Portal.
The SEVP Portal still has a few bugs in its system since it is so new and does not report back to our office with any information that you have changed so our records are more difficult to maintain and we end up emailing you reminders about your OPT reporting unnecessarily. We have also found that the SEVP Portal does not update on a consistent basis so even if your information looks incorrect in the Portal, it is likely correct in SEVIS where your official immigration record is housed.
If you see that your record looks inaccurate or you receive a confusing email from the SEVP Portal, please contact the SEVIS Coordinator, Jaymee Woolhiser. The SEVIS Coordinator will review your record with you to make sure we have everything entered correctly.