- Log into your WorldRams account by clicking the eForm link above. This will take you to the CPT Request eForm dashboard.
- To start a new request, click the “Start a New Request” link.
- There are two eForm pages for your request.
- The first page is information about your academic program and the relevancy of your CPT employment. This page will be reviewed by your academic advisor after you submit it.
- The second is the employer information upload page where you will upload the completed Employer Information PDF.
- Both pages are required in order for our office to review your request.
- Click the “F-1 Student Curricular Practical Training Request” link and complete the information required in the eForm. Submit the eForm page.
- Please be sure to enter your academic advisor’s email and contact information.
- Once your academic advisor has reviewed your eForm, it will be forwarded to our office for final review.
Step 2 – Employer Information Submission
- Meet with your prospective employer, have them complete the CPT Employer Information PDF, and return the signed document to you.
- Digital signatures and scanned copies are acceptable.
- If the internship will be performed remotely, the employer should both indicate such on the form and also still provide their company’s address.
- Upload the completed CPT Employer Information PDF to the second page of your CPT Request eForm.
- Submit the eForm page.
Step 3 – Immigration Advisor Review and I-20 Creation
- Both pages of the CPT Request eForm must be submitted before an immigration advisor will review your request.
- Once your request has been reviewed by an immigration advisor, our office will email you when your I-20 is ready, if eligible.
Please note: Depending on the time of academic year, it may take up to 7-10 business days for our office to process your request once it is forwarded to our office. Please allow time for your academic advisor and employer to complete their portions of this process. Students are not allowed to begin working until their CPT request has been approved and they have a new I-20 that shows their CPT approval on the second page.