Remote advising hours are available Monday-Friday from 10:00AM-11:00AM and 1:00PM-3:00PM (MST). You must be logged in and in the advising waiting room before the cutoff time to be seen that day.
Accessing Remote Advising
ISSS uses Zoom for remote Open Advising sessions with international students and scholars.
- You must install Zoom in order to participate in a remote open advising session with an ISSS advisor.
- You will need to log in with your CSU eID and password to access the session links
- Please make sure your full name is your profile name for your Zoom account and be prepared to verify your identity when connected with an advisor
More instructions are provided in the user guide below:
Remote Advising Guidelines and Suggestions
- Check your video and audio capabilities before entering the Zoom waiting room
- Make sure your environment is quiet and it’s easy to hear and see you.
- To ensure the protection of your personal information make sure you are in a private room or environment.
- Background noise will prevent the advisor from providing clear information.
- If your connection is not clear or the advisor is otherwise unable to understand you, you will be removed from the meeting and lose your place in the queue.
- Your open advising sessions should last no more than 15 minutes.
- If you need more time, please email ISSS@colostate.edu to setup an appointment.
Before Entering Advising Consider
- Documents should be submitted either by email to ISSS@colostate.edu or through the appropriate eForm
- Make sure you review the information on the form’s web page before submitting your documents.
- All documents and eForms will be thoroughly reviewed by an ISSS staff member. If follow up is needed, the staff member will reach out to you directly.
Scheduling an Appointment
Still want to meet with an advisor? Select from the advising options below.
By entering this open advising Zoom meeting, I verify that I am in a private location where I feel comfortable with personal academic and immigration-related information being shared openly by the ISSS advisor. I also understand I will need to verify my identity with the ISSS advisor before they are able to share personal academic or immigration-related information in accordance with FERPA.