- First Steps
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Transfer Credit Form
- Diversity Resources
- Student Stories
- Virtual Education Abroad Fair
1) WATCH THESE GETTING STARTED VIDEOS
- Education Abroad 101 – Learn the basics of the Education Abroad process here at CSU!
- Preparing to Go Abroad During a Pandemic – Get answers to common questions about Education Abroad and COVID-19.
- Online Resources – Learn how to navigate our website.
- Recommended Programs – Find programs that fit your academics.
- Program Search – View all programs of interest.
2) MEET WITH AN EDUCATION ABROAD COORDINATOR
- Schedule an appointment with our office. Our Coordinators are available to help you navigate this process from start to finish!
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss how going abroad can work with your academic plan.
3) MEET WITH THE FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR FOR EDUCATION ABROAD
- Watch the Financial Aid for Education Abroad video.
- Schedule an appointment with the Financial Aid for Education Abroad Coordinator. They can share information and guidance specific to your financial aid package.
4) APPLY & COMPLETE THE MYEDABROAD CHECKLIST
- Apply to your program.
- Apply for a passport.
- Complete next steps by logging into your myEdAbroad portal.
- Complete a Transfer Credit Form, if applicable.
5) PREPARE TO DEPART!
Visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships page for information on:
While scholarships typically will not cover the entirety of your abroad experience, they are a great way to supplement your financial aid package and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
Considering the financial aspects of going abroad is an important step in the process of choosing a program that is right for you. We have several resources available to assist you in the process of gathering all of the information you need to make the best decision for you.
Financial Aid for Education Abroad
The Office of Financial Aid provides CSU students with dedicated financial aid counseling services specifically designed to assist you in determining how your financial aid package may be able to be applied to an education abroad experience and to further assist you in considering additional financial aid options. We recommend all students planning to go abroad take advantage of this service. You can contact Financial Aid for Education Abroad via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid for Education Abroad Coordinator.
The Gilman scholarship is a nationally-competitive scholarship open to undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens, Federal Pell Grant-eligible, and in the process of applying to, or have been accepted to, a credit-bearing study abroad program. For more information, visit gilmanscholarship.org.
Global Access Award
If you are an active Community for Excellence (C4E) or Academic Advancement Center (AAC) participant, you may be eligible for the Global Access Award. Make sure to check out the requirements for the award and to apply to the Common Scholarship Application.
A Transfer Credit Form is required for programs that will transfer credits to CSU.
If you are taking language coursework while abroad, you need to connect with the language credit contact as you complete your Transfer Credit Form before you depart. They will inform you of the process for transferring language courses back to CSU.
- Spanish: Dr. Andrea Purdy, email email@example.com to set up an appointment
- French: Dr. Gretchen O’Dell, email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment
- German: Dr. Rachel Kirby, email email@example.com to set up an appointment
- Japanese: Instructor Chisato Nii Steele, email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment
- Italian: Senior Instructor Lorella Paltrinieri, email email@example.com to set up an appointment
Natalie Cartwright is your main contact for Business coursework while abroad. Connect with her as you’re working on the Transfer Credit Form before you depart. She will inform you of the process for transferring Business credits back to CSU. Make an appointment with Natalie Cartwright by emailing your availability for the next week to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For identity-based resources related to going abroad, please visit:
#RamsAbroad Photo Contest
Each semester, we hold a photo contest open to all CSU students who have been abroad. Our goal is to give you a space to tell your story through the medium of photography. Pictures can transport us to places we’ve never been and connect us to people we’ve never met. Check out our recent #RamsAbroad Photo Contest winners and remember to submit your photos when you return from your own abroad experience!
Share Your Story
Experiences abroad can have a transformative impact on our lives. We strive to provide frameworks for students to share their experiences and the impact their time abroad has had on their lives through our Share Your Story campaign. Check out video stories on our YouTube channel to get unique student perspectives as they reflect on what their time abroad means to them.
View more CSU Education Abroad stories on our YouTube playlist!