Colorado State seeks to encourage diversity while increasing global and cultural competency among our student body. Your identity is essential to your Education Abroad experience. CSU is an active member of the Diversity Abroad Network, a professional consortium of organizations dedicated to increasing access and inclusion in education abroad.


Many veterans use their benefits to help fund their credit-bearing education abroad experience. If you are planning to use your Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits to assist in payment of your overseas program, please plan ahead. You will work closely with your Education Abroad Regional Coordinator and the Veterans Benefits Coordinator to find the program that fits the requirements of the VA and your education abroad goals.

Adult Learners

“I am a first generation college student, but I am now 49 years old! My experience traveling as an undergrad “older” student was life enriching both times I went. I just would like to encourage non-traditional students to take advantage of these experiences as they are not just for the young students! My life is so much richer for having had these experiences!”

– Linda Halvorson,
Australian Agriculture Tour, Spring 2006
China, Summer 2010

As an adult student, you may have work, home, and family obligations that many “traditional” students don’t have to worry about, or you may worry that you won’t fit in because you are older than most other college students. However, you can participate in education abroad programs. There may be special responsibilities such as children, spouses, partners, employment, etc. that need to be considered. Please address these topics with your Education Abroad Coordinator who will work closely with you to find a program whose length, housing, academics, location, etc. will meet your needs.

Focuses specifically on the needs of non-traditional students and education abroad

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at