Education Abroad Advising
Education Abroad Staff offer open advising hours, 1:1 appointments, and group advising appointments both in-person and virtually. Financial Aid for Education Abroad, Passport Services, and Peace Corps offer 1:1 advising appointments as well.
Find more information about the type of advising you are looking for below.
Open Advising with Education Abroad
Meet with a Peer Advisor
Peer advisors are current CSU students who participated in an Education Abroad experience. Interested students can meet with a Peer Advisor to learn the basics of the Education Abroad process. You can learn more about our Peer Advisors by visiting our Meet the Peers page. Peer Advisors are available to meet with students without an appointment during open advising hours:
- Monday through Thursday 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Location: Laurel Hall (NE corner of the Oval)
Meet with an Education Abroad Advisor
Education Abroad Advisors are available to meet with students to answer questions about education abroad without an appointment in Laurel Hall or virtually via Zoom during open advising hours. Open advising hours for Spring 2023 begin the week of January 17:
- Monday through Thursday Mornings from 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. Click here to join via Zoom or check in at the front desk of Laurel Hall.
- Monday through Thursday Afternoons from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Click here to join via Zoom or check in at the front desk of Laurel Hall.
1:1 Advising Appointments with Education Abroad
Once you have identified a specific Education Abroad program of interest, we strongly encourage you to attend a group advising session for that program before scheduling a 1:1 advising appointment. Click here to view our group advising sessions.
When do I need a 1:1 advising appointment?
1:1 advising appointments are not required and can be scheduled on an as-needed basis to supplement group advising sessions. If you have NOT identified a specific Education Abroad program of interest, our open advising hours are a great option to further explore programs.
How do I know with which advisor I should schedule a meeting?
If group advising options do not work for your schedule, you can schedule a 1:1 appointment to meet with an Education Abroad Advisor for your program of interest. The information below will help you identify which advisor you should meet.
Olivia Cole (she, her, hers) Open Advising on Mondays & Tuesdays from 1-4 p.m. & Thursdays from 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Advisor for affiliate programs bulleted below, Click here for Olivia’s Appointment Availability
- Semester at Sea
- Affiliate Programs in Asia
- Affiliate Programs in Australia
- Affiliate Programs in New Zealand
- Affiliate Programs in the UK/Ireland
Trecia Smith (she/her/hers) Open Advising on Mondays & Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m. & Thursdays from 1-4 p.m. Advisor for affiliate programs bulleted below, Click here for Trecia’s Appointment Availability
Christopher Snodgress (he/him/his) Senior Coordinator for programs bulleted below, Click here for Christopher’s Appointment Availability
- United Kingdom Exchange Programs: Keele University, Swansea University, University of Exeter, University of Leicester, University of Reading
- Ireland Exchange Programs: University of Limerick
- Australia Exchange Programs: Macquarie University, University of South Australia, University of Tasmania
- New Zealand Exchange Programs: Massey University, Lincoln University
- International Internships and Research Programs
Emily Shingler (she/her/hers) Open Advising on Wednesdays from 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m.Advisor for programs bulleted below, Click here For Emily’s Appointment Availability
- Affiliate Programs in the Middle East and Africa
- Exchange Programs in Japan: Kansai Gaidai University Exchange Program
- Exchange Programs in France: Purpan Agriculture and Food Science Summer Program
- Exchange Programs in Germany: SRH University, University of Bamberg
- Exchange Programs in Czech Republic: University of New York in Prague (UNYP)
- Unaffiliated/Direct Enroll Programs (worldwide)
Whitney Ewing (she/her/hers) Open Advising on Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m. Advisor for programs bulleted below, Click here for Whitney’s Appointment Availability
- Affiliate Programs in Latin America
- Semester in Todos Santos Program
- Earth University
Financial Aid for Education Abroad
Students are able to meet with Financial Aid coordinators who specialize in financial aid for Education Abroad.
- To schedule an appointment to discuss how your financial aid can support your education abroad, click the links below to see available times to meet virtually with an advisor for financial aid and education abroad.
- Cyndi Merris, Financial Aid Coordinator for Education Abroad, Appointment Availability
- Evelyn Martinez, Financial Aid Counselor for Education Abroad, Appointment Availability
- If you are unable to schedule an appointment based on the times available, please email email@example.com.
Passport Acceptance Facility
Please visit our Passport Acceptance Facility page for more information on how to apply for a passport. You can also schedule an appointment with the Passport Acceptance Facility using the Schedule Your Appointment button below.
- Schedule an advising appointment through EAB Navigate.
- Care Unit: International Programs
- Location: Passport Application Submission
CSU is currently in the process of transitioning to a new CSU Peace Corps Strategic Recruiter. If you have questions regarding the Peace Corps or need assistance with an application, you can locate a recruiter here.
As always, quick questions are welcome through online chat, phone, or email.
- Education Abroad questions
- (970) 491-5917
- Financial Aid for Education Abroad
Colorado State University
Office of International Programs
Laurel Hall, 700 Oval Dr.
1024 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1024
Emergency Response Telephone: (970)-491-6425 (Available 24 hours, request Education Abroad Emergency Assistance. Please reserve this line for true emergencies.)
Contact the Education Abroad staff or Office of Financial Aid staff with questions.