Thanks to the generosity of the Institute for Shipboard Education, Colorado State University students who participate on Semester at Sea are eligible for need-based grants outlined below which are deducted from the final invoice. Grant awards are first-come, first served until funding has been fully allocated. $150,000 in grant funding is available each fall and spring semester.
Grants are awarded based on a student’s Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated through their CSU institutional aid application.
To be eligible for these CSU/SAS need-based grants, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current CSU student
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Completed the CSU Institutional Aid Application available via RamWeb
- Register via CSU Education Abroad for the Semester at Sea program
- Apply and have been admitted to the Semester at Sea program
- Completed the CSU Financial Aid requirements and document submission via RamWeb
Students who are not eligible for the need-based grant, or if CSU funds are exhausted, may apply to the CSU/SAS Merit Scholarship as well as any additional scholarships through Semester at Sea (except the merit & need awards). Students who are receiving Pell Grant funding are also eligible for a Pell Match Grant from Semester at Sea. Note: Students cannot receive both the need-based grant and the merit scholarship. Gap Year students will not be eligible for this special CSU Semester at Sea grant and scholarship funding.
Discounts for Regular 14-Week Voyages on Ship
|Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)||CSU Student Grant|