Call for Proposals
The Office of International Programs is pleased to announce the 3rd annual International Symposium will be held February 15-17, 2022. The 2022 International Symposium will offer both in-person sessions and events in the Lory Student Center as well as a variety of virtual Zoom sessions.
The International Symposium highlights the ways CSU students, faculty, staff, and partners add global dimensions to their teaching and learning, research, scholarship, and community engagement. CSU students, faculty, and staff are invited to submit proposals that cover a wide range of international topics, such as educational experiences, research, social and environmental issues, health, culture, language, politics, economics, and the arts. Individuals from any CSU department are encouraged to submit a proposal that features their international work or studies during the International Symposium.
We invite proposals for either (1) an individual session or presentation (can be in person or virtual) that is 1 hour in length or (2) to participate in a multimedia showcase of international activities. Submissions will be reviewed and selected by a committee. We regret that we may not be able to accept all submissions.
Sessions – Information and Guidelines
- Sessions will be 1 hour in length and will be free and open to the public. We anticipate between 10 and 75 people will attend each session. Presenters will be able to select whether they would like to organize an in-person or Zoom session.
- Attendees at the symposium will include undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Session formats and presentation styles can vary. Panels, roundtable discussions, use of technology, games, and other innovative formats that maximize audience engagement are encouraged. We welcome creative session titles as well!
- We especially encourage sessions that focus on current trends, topics, and emerging areas of research or investigation.
Multimedia Showcase of International Activities – Information and Guidelines
- The Multimedia Showcase will be a chance for students, faculty, and staff to communicate their international work or studies through visual media.
- Formats can include video, photography, art, performance art, music and other media.
- The Multimedia Showcase will be an in-person event. Stations will be set up in the LSC ballrooms during a 2-hour showcase open to the campus and community so that attendees can experience the exhibits as well as interact with the presenters.
All proposals should include a description of no more than 150 words or a video submission of no more than 3 minutes, as well as presenter bios of 100 words or less per presenter. If you’re excited about an idea but would like feedback on it before submitting a proposal, please reach out to us. We understand that this may be your first time presenting at a symposium or conference, and we want to support you in this exciting step.
To submit a proposal, please fill out this form. If the hyperlink does not work, please paste this into your browser: https://forms.gle/5VdgBVRiANoBwm9W6. Proposals are due by Friday, October 29, 2021.
For more information about the International Symposium or to receive feedback on your proposal, please contact Diana Galliano at email@example.com.