If you prefer to live off-campus, start looking for options prior to arrival. Students often share accommodations in order to reduce costs. Some apartment options are furnished.
Off-Campus Life at CSU is a resource for students who want to live off campus.
- Resources for international students Includes Fort Collins tenant laws, tips for signing a lease and how to get around town
- Rental Search– Search other CSU students’ listings for available rooms, rentals and roommates near campus–or post your own listing. You must have your eID in order to access this resource.
- Apartment Complex List – A comprehensive list of apartments within 2 miles of CSU. Includes apartment details and amenities.
Community Members Offering Rooms – International Students & Scholar Services keeps a housing list of community members offering housing arrangements specifically for international students. Email email@example.com for the most current list.
Contact Student Legal Services before you sign a lease. Renting in the U.S. may be different than what you expect.
Some information on leases:
- A lease is a legally-binding document and it can be very expensive to change after signing it.
- Ending a lease early may require you to find someone to take over your lease or you will incur significant expenses.
- Be careful not to accidentally sign or initial a lease electronically simply by reading a lease online.
- Do not rely on verbal or written promises made by the leasing agents. The lease wipes out any previous promises or understandings.
CSU International Rams – A Facebook group for the CSU international community. Connect with other students, look for apartments or roommates, or get additional information.
Northern Colorado Rentals – Connects local landlords and renters.
Zillow – A free housing rental search website.
Craigslist – Posts local listings of housing and other items for sale.