How to Apply for the Visiting International Program (VIP)
Applying for the Program
Please complete and send in the following information:
- Send an email to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- Your full name as it appears on your passport
- Your intention to apply for the Visiting International Program (VIP)
- Whether you wish to enroll as an undergraduate (BS/BA) or graduate (MS/MA/PhD) level student
- Whether you wish to enroll for one semester or two semesters
- Submit your application for admission online.
- Choose “TRANSFER” student type for undergraduate enrollment
- Choose “SECOND BACHELOR” student type for graduate enrollment
- Pay $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- You may pay online by Visa or MasterCard. You will need to know the exact address to which the Visa or MasterCard bill is sent and a valid email address is required.
- If you are not able to pay with a Visa or MasterCard, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com find out other payment options.
- Submit an official transcript from each college/university attended (if applicable)
- Transcripts must be official and must be submitted in original language and in a certified literal English translation.
- If only one original is available, an attested or certified copy may be submitted.
- An evaluation of transferable academic credits is done only after an applicant is admitted to the University. Admitted students are strongly encouraged to send in advance or bring to campus course descriptions, syllabi, catalogs, or other documents for consideration in the equivalency review process.
- Complete and send in your results from an official test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Results must be sent directly from the testing service.
- Applicants from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom whose first language is English are exempt from this requirement.
- Conditional admission may be offered with a score in the conditional admission range.
- Complete the essay portion
- When filling out the online application, under the “Essay” field, please put a note at the top that specifies “Visiting International Program” and which semester(s) you are hoping to be a VIP student.
- Your essay should be focused, honest, and well-written in your own words.
- Your essay should address your reasons for applying to the VIP Program and what you hope to gain during your studies at Colorado State University. There is not a minimum number of words required as long as you have addressed these points.
- Send in your financial support documents
- Immigration documents (e.g., DS-2019) are only sent to admitted students whose financial support information has been received, verified, and approved.
- The ability to pay tuition at Colorado State is NOT factored into the admission decision.
- Student financial documentation must demonstrate the ability to pay the full cost of attendance at Colorado State University.
Send supporting documents to:
Office of Admissions
Colorado State University
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins CO 80523-1062