Cooking Paneer Tikka Masala
FEATURING CHEF PRATHAMESH MAKING PANEER TIKKA MASALA
Prathamesh is an international student attending CSU from India. He loves to cook and try his mother’s recipes.
INGREDIENTS TO GATHER AHEAD OF TIME
- 1 gallon milk
- 3-4 limes
- 6 tbsp butter or 4 tbsp oil
- 2 large or 4 small tomatoes
- 2 large or 3 small red onions
- 4-5 green chilies
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp chaat masala (can substitute with lime)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp tandoori-chicken masala (optional)
- cheese cloth or rag
- measuring utensils
- Boil milk.
- Squeeze limes into boiling milk.
- Once the milk has curdled, drain the cheese in a cheese cloth or thin rag.
- Tie cheese cloth or thin rag and place it in ice for 5 minutes.
- Place it in the fridge to cool.
- After cooling, cut cheese into cubes and it’s ready to use in the recipe.
Paneer Tikka Masala:
- Add butter or oil into the pan with cumin.
- Mix in sliced green chilies.
- Add chopped onions.
- Mix until they are golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add cashew nuts.
- Add spices.
- OPTIONAL: Add tandoori-chicken masala.
- Mix well.
- Cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until it is a smooth puree.
- Add oil into pot and stir in puree.
- Once boiling, slowly mix in chopped paneer cheese.
- Cover and let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Add chopped cilantro.
Enjoy your paneer tikka masala with rice, naan, or flatbread!
LEARN HOW TO MAKE CHINESE SWEET & SOUR PORK
Watch video and view recipe on the page!