2020 International Symposium
More information about the symposium as a whole is coming soon! In the meantime, please read about the call for proposals below.
Call for Proposals: 2020 CSU International Symposium
The Office of International Programs announces the first Colorado State University International Symposium to be held February 25-27, 2020, in the Lory Student Center.
The International Symposium will highlight the ways CSU students, faculty and partners add global dimensions to their teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and community engagement. As we celebrate Colorado State University’s sesquicentennial, the International Symposium will be an opportunity to showcase CSU’s international engagement on campus and around the world.
CSU students, faculty and staff are invited to submit proposals that cover a wide range of international topics such as educational experiences, research, social and environmental issues, health, culture, language, politics, economics, and the arts. Individuals from any CSU department are encouraged to submit a proposal that features their international work or studies during the International Symposium.
We invite proposals for either (1) an individual session or presentation that is one hour in length or (2) to participate in a visual showcase of international activities. Submissions will be reviewed and selected by a committee. We regret that we may not be able to accept all submissions.
Sessions – Information and Guidelines
- Sessions will be 1 hour in length and will be free and open to the public. We anticipate between 10 and 50 people will attend each session.
- Attendees at the symposium will include undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Session formats and presentation styles can vary. Panels, roundtable discussions, use of technology, games and other innovative formats that maximize audience engagement are encouraged. We welcome creative session titles as well!
- We especially encourage sessions that focus on current trends, topics and emerging areas of research or investigation.
Visual Showcase of International Activities – Information and Guidelines
- The Visual Showcase will be a chance for students, faculty and staff to communicate their international work or studies through visual media.
- Formats can include video, photography, art, performance art, research posters and all other visual media.
- Stations will be set up in the LSC ballrooms during a 2-hour showcase open to the campus and community so that attendees can experience the exhibits as well as interact with the presenters.
All proposals should include a description of no more than 150 words or a video submission of no more than 3 minutes, as well as presenter bios of 100 words or less per presenter. If you’re excited about an idea but would like feedback on it before submitting a proposal, please reach out to us. We understand that this may be your first time presenting at a symposium or conference, and we want to support you in this exciting step.
To submit a proposal, please fill out this form. Proposals are due by Thursday, October 31, 2019.
For more information about the symposium or to receive feedback on your proposal, please contact Diana Galliano at email@example.com or 491-3323.