Water and Environmental Sustainability in China
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14 | 10:45 A.M. – 12:15 P.M.
Lory Student Center Grey Rock Room
The interaction between water and environmental sustainability are core to the principles of the Natural Resources Ecology Laboratory (NREL). Further, water and environmental sustainability are a key component of the Confucius Institute at Colorado State University (CICSU). This session merges the international research of NREL undertaken in Asia with the focus of the CICSU. It will present some of the water and environmental sustainability challenges being faced by Asian nations, and highlights some of the opportunities for researchers, including collaboration with Chinese and other Asian scientists. While the focus is on China, many of the same water and environmental sustainability issues also face neighboring nations.
Organizers and Moderators:
- Dr. Steven Fassnacht, Professor, Ecosystem Science and Sustainability (ESS), CSU; NREL Research Scientist
- Dr. Wei Gao, Associate Provost for China Programs, CSU; NREL Research Scientist; Professor, ESS
- Dr. Ryan W. Webb, INSTAAR, University of Colorado
- Vice Dean Professor Zhongjing Wang, Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University (Beijing, China)
- Dr. KuoRay Mao, Assistant Professor, Sociology, CSU
- Dr. Raja Reddy, Professor, Mississippi State University