International Student Adviser INTO – Apply by October 5
INTO CSU is a LLC partnership formed between the INTO Corporation and Colorado State University (CSU) The INTO CSU Center, residing on the CSU campus, specializes in training international students in General English, Academic English, and Academic Pathway programs that prepare students for success at CSU and other university degree programs.
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is one of three (3) units within OIP. The unit provides immigration documentation and advisory services for nonimmigrant visa bearers who are studying, conducting research, teaching, or working for Colorado State University. The unit maintains records and reports to the U.S. Government as required by federal law. The unit conducts educational programs related to cultural adjustment, orientation, and other matters pertinent to the population it serves. The unit is involved in recruitment of international students. Both OIP and INTO CSU have many dimensions and their overarching goal is to promote the internationalization of the CSU campus.
The full-time,12 month position is responsible for immigration services for international students. Situated operationally within INTO CSU, this positon works closely with the Office of International Programs (OIP) to ensure consistency in immigration advising, SEVIS reporting, immigration documents and other related services. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This position reports jointly to the Senior Director of International Student and Scholar Services and the Admissions Manager for INTO CSU.
Essential Job Duties:
- Advise international students on a variety of immigration matters, including maintaining legal immigration status, navigating the CSU system to maximize their university experience, document processing, and cross cultural adjustment.
- Serve as a Designated School Official for the F-1 student program of the Department of Homeland Security and evaluate financial documentation and issue immigration documents for international students.
- Maintain current information on immigration matters.
- Maintain relevant records, reports, and statistics of foreign nationals working and studying at the University.
- Provide or assist with programs such as orientation, cultural and educational events, and community activities, e.g. host families and assist with office communication efforts.
- Serve as a liaison between Colorado State University, government agencies, students, and the local community.
- Represent the University, as appropriate, at conferences, symposia, and working groups devoted to international student and scholar issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, education, business, science, public administration, international/intercultural studies, or a related field plus one year work experience in the field of international education.
- Demonstrated experience and/or training with F visa regulations and procedures.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident status in order to serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for F-1 visa purposes and as an Alternate Responsible Officer for the Exchange Visitor Program.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of four months of study, employment or residence outside of the United States.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- Prior experience as a DSO.
- Experience with ESL programs.
Completed applications must be received by Monday, October 5 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). For full consideration, applications must be received by the deadline; however, the candidate pool will be kept open until the position is filled.
The full position description and application instructions are available at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/17844
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates. Additional information on the background check can be found at http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/background/Policy.pdf.